Support for learners with an additional learning need (ALN)
Our highly qualified staff have the specialist skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality, personalised support programmes for those that need it.
Support is available in the following areas:
- Visual impairment
- Hearing impairment
- Specific learning difficulties
- General or moderate learning difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Support can be delivered by:
- Additional support assistants (ASAs) who provide support both in-class and out-of-class for a group or an individual
- SpLD specialist who can create a planned, structured dyslexia programme. The support is 1:1 support delivered outside normal timetabled hours.
- BSL Communicators who can support hearing impaired learners who use British Sign Language (BSL)
Our staff work collaboratively with cross-college teams in efficiently assessing individual needs as well as organising and implementing a wide range of support programmes, each tailored to the learner.
Learners with additional learning needs/disabilities may be entitled to support during examinations. This could be in the form of a reader, extra time or other. Please tell your Personal Tutor if you have been awarded exam access arrangements previously.
We provide equipment, software and other technologies to help those with additional learning needs overcome their difficulties and be more independent in their learning.
For more information click: Support for learners with an additional learning need (ALN)